- Also, there is quite a bit of difference between making a action figure of dark but fictional characters and making action figures of people who, in his universe, actually existed.
- Looking over at This Troper's Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud and Barack Obama chilling out with Zuko, Snoopy, and Gutsman makes me wonder what exactly that difference is.
- "It's ok, as long as they were recently deceased or currently alive mass-murders?" Unless there is something about Eintsein, Freud and Obama that people haven't told this troper about.
- The physicists and astronomers will look up at me, with their failing Newtonian cosmology, and shout, save us! And I will say, 'E=MC^2.' Hey, he was out sniffing drainpipes in "Desolation Row."
Sunday, December 28, 2008
* In Watchmen Ozymandias has an action figure line planned using the main characters, all of whom are deconstructed superheroes, at best antiheroes and at worst mass-murdering psychopaths. However, official ones are being released as a movie tie in—it's not clear whether this is tongue-in-cheek or whether they're just milking all they can out of it. Oddly, he didn't approve of the action figures of Rorschach or Night Owl. Even the guy who murdered half of New York draws a line sooner than DC. Though a large part of it is he thinks they won't sell ("The world isn't interested in superheroes").
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Bye mom! I, know being 10, can choose my career, as you already know. I want to be a Pokemon Master! I will travel to every dark alley, every evil doers hideout, and help out grown men. They might even compliment me on my skirt that I can't even sit down in without showing my panties! Nothing can go wrong! Especially with my violent deformed penguin! He will be able to knock out scary birds and the fattest gerbils you have ever seen! And if he dies, I will go throw magical tennis balls at wild deformed animals! That way, when I obtain their freedom, I can use them to fight other deformed animals against their wills. They will belong to me! ME!! I even get an exclusive encyclopedia that I can use to find out about other deformed animals! Yep, the long perilous journey, full of people all look alike. I am going to need help, I realise. That is what I have random strangers for! I will ask them my question, and they will give me an answer! Over and over and over again, as if they cannot say anything else. I don't even have to worry about money shortage! I will scam everybody out of their money with my penguin that trained on deformed animals! His explosive bubbles will save the day! Well this is it. See you after I beat the champion!